Cornelia Primosch is joined by Pia Ahrenkilde Hansen, spokeswoman of the European Commission (EC), to discuss the EC’s agenda for this week, in the latest issue of previEUws.
Topics discussed include:
– “A new deal for Somalia“, the EU-Somalia High Level Conference that will take place on September 16 in Brussels.
– Monday 16 September will be the start of the 12th edition of European Mobility Week
– On Tuesday, 17 September the EC will be presenting their proposal for harsher restriction on ‘designer drugs‘, substances with similar properties to cocaine and heroin.
– The EC will adopt a draft regulation on benchmarks of commodities and exchange rates on Wednesday 18 September
– The High Level Group on Administrative Burdens, chaired by Edmund Stoiber will be meeting on Thursday, 19 September.
(Please note that the topics discussed are non-exhaustive as the College agenda has not been finalised at the time of recording of the programme.)