Günther Oettinger – Commissioner-designate for Digital Economy and Society (nominated by Germany) – had to answer a number of difficult questions during his hearing by the European Parliament’s Committees on Industry, Research & Energy (ITRE) and Culture & Education (CULT) on 29 September. Oettinger’s answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how he managed to handle the parliamentary grilling:
– What will you do with the Connected Continent package as it stands on the table?
– How will you regulate special services in relation to net neutrality?
– What do you think about the right to be forgotten?
– Why have you not yet mentioned data protection?
– What are you going to do about copyright?