In this special briefing, Lénaïc Vaudin d’Imécourt – Trade Editor of EU Trade Insights – picks out the top 5 trade issues that will be discussed by the European institutions under the Latvian EU Presidency.
- TTIP: the Presidency will be looking at making all the possible efforts to see the deal between the EU and the US concluded before the end of this year
- WTO: implementing the Trade Facilitation Agreement and working on other deliverables of the Doha Development Agenda
- Advancing the EU-Japan trade talks and the negotiations between the EU and Vietnam
- Moving towards the approval of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between the EU and Canada, as well as the trade deal with Singapore
- Continuing work on several legislative proposals
For more detailed information, please visit viEUws’ trade news service: EU Trade Insights