In this latest Brussels’ Briefing on Trade, Joanna Sopinska – Trade Editor for EU Trade Insights, provides an overview of the EU’s most pressing trade issues in the first half of July 2016.
- On 1 July, Slovakia is taking over the 6-month EU’s rotating Presidency, inheriting unclosed dossiers such as TDIs, conflict minerals and MES for China.
- The 1st of July will also mark the the fifth anniversary of the EU-South Korea FTA.
- On 5 July, the Commission is expected to adopt a proposal on the legal nature and signature of CETA.
- On 9 July, the 19th TiSA negotiating round will kick off.
- On 9-10 July, G20 trade ministers will gather in Shanghai to discuss inter alia the consequences of Brexit for global trade.
- The 14th TTIP round of talks will kick off on 11 July in Brussels.
- On 13-14 July, INTA Committee is expected to endorse the political agreement on the update and overhaul of the EU rules on trade in goods that may be misused for torture or execution.
This Brussels’ Trade Briefing was first published on EU Trade Insights, more information and free trials here.