ERRATUM: contrary to what has been announced in this video, the eighth round of the EU-Japan trade negotiations will only take place during the week of 8 December.
In this latest Brussels Briefing on Trade, Lénaïc Vaudin d’Imécourt – Trade Editor of EU Trade Insights – provides an overview of the European Union’s most pressing trade issues:
- The College of Commissioners is expected to adopt a new TTIP transparency initiative (25 November, Brussels)
- Strasbourg plenary session: export controls of dual use items (26 November, Strasbourg)
- The WTO’s special General Council meeting, which was called after the deal reached between the US and India on food security (27 November, Geneva)
- The 9th round of the Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA) negotiations chaired by Australia (1-5 December, Geneva)
- The European Parliament’s International Trade Committee (INTA) meeting (3 & 4 December, Brussels)
For more detailed information, please visit viEUws’ trade news service: EU Trade Insights