Federica Mogherini – the European Union High Representative-designate for Foreign Policy and Security Policy (nominated by Italy) – had to answer a number of difficult questions during her hearing by the European Parliament‘s Committee on Foreign Affairs (AFET) on 6 October. Mogherini’s answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how she managed to handle the parliamentary grilling:
– How can the European Union improve its foreign affairs policy?
– What support can the EU give to Ukraine?
– How should the EU respond to the challenging situation in the Middle East?
– Can Iran be a constructive and acceptable partner?
– What will be your approach when it comes to immigration?