In this special briefing, AGRA FACTS journalists Rose O’Donovan & Ed Bray provide an overview of the top 5 agriculture issues on the agenda under the Italian EU Presidency.
- Revision of rules governing the organic sector
- Overhaul of the school food schemes (distribution of fruit, vegetables & fresh milk among school-going children)
- Review of the EU Animal & Plant Health Package
- Progress on on-going TTIP negotiations between the EU-US, as well as trade talks between EU and Mercosur, the Latin American bloc
- Finalising talks on the cultivation of genetically modified crops at member state level