In this latest Brussels Briefing on Agriculture, AGRA FACTS journalists Rose O’Donovan & Ed Bray provide an update on the latest developments in the European Union’s farm policy:
- Russia‘s ban on EU food imports: the European Commission approved an aid package for fruit and vegetable producers worth €165 million
- Commissioner-designate for Agriculture and Rural Development Phil Hogan’s hearing before the European Parliament on 2 October
- Performance of Vytenis Andriukaitis, Commissioner-designate for Health and Food Safety, at his hearing at the Parliament on 30 September
- Informal Farm Council in Milan: Russian ban on EU food imports tops the agenda (28 – 30 September)
- Farm Council on 13 & 14 October: all eyes on possible measures aimed at the dairy sector in the countries worst affected by the Russian embargo
- Dacian Cioloş – the current Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development – is about to end his term
Featuring statements by Phil Hogan, Commissioner-designate for Agriculture & Rural Development, and Vytenis Andriukaitis, Commissioner-designate for Health and Food Safety.