Vytenis Andriukaitis – Commissioner-designate for Health and Food Safety (nominated by Lithuania) – had to answer a number of difficult questions during his hearing by the European Parliament‘s Committee on the Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (ENVI) on 30 September. Andriukaitis’ answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how he managed to handle the parliamentary grilling:
– Will you revise the cloning proposal to meet MEPs’ wishes?
– How do you want to regulate GM crops?
– What will you do about substances containing endocrine disruptors?
– Will you fight to protect the European Union food standards in trade talks with the United States?
– How will you tackle antibiotic resistance?