Jennifer Baker presents the EU Tweets of the Year overview, looking at the stories that dominated the European Union Twittersphere in 2015.
- January: Sad beginning of 2015 with the #CharlieHebdo attacks
- February: The #MinskAgreement was signed
- March: Juncker’s EU Army idea shook up the whole EU twittersphere
- April: April was the month of the #Confettigate for ECB President Mario Draghi!
- May: On top of the infamous ‘Hello, dictator’ that left many Twitterati baffled, in May, Commissioners Oettinger and Ansip delivered their priorities for the #DigitalSingleMarket
- June: The ‘Europe of Nations and Freedom‘ far-right EP group was born
- July: The #GreekCrisis reached its peak in a Greek referendum and ended up with a bailout
- August: The #RefugeeCrisis escalated in the EU shaking it in its very foundations
- September: The #VolkswagenGate scandal exploded and, still today, lessons are yet to be learnt
- October: The #SafeHarbor agreement was deemed invalid by the ECJ
- November: The centre of Paris was target of terrorists attacks on 13 November
- December: After weeks of negotiations, world leaders reached an agreement in tackling climate change at #COP21
Want to contribute in 2016? Just use the hashtag #EUtweets!