Jennifer Baker is joined by 5 MEPs – Amelia Andersdotter (Greens/EFA), Corina Creţu (S&D), Ashley Fox (ECR), Gesine Meissner (ALDE) and Andrey Kovatchev (EPP) – to discuss the biggest challenges for the new European Parliament, at the debate “How will the new European Parliament make a difference?” jointly organised by viEUws, EU40 & Apco Forum.
The MEPs identified the following challenges:
- “We should start deregulating and removing burdens from business so that young people have more jobs”, states Ashley Fox (ECR)
- “We have to say no to austerity & cuts and have to focus on economic growth and creating jobs ”, claims Corina Creţu (S&D)
- “We need to deepen European Union integration as it is the only instrument to be competitive on a global scale”, underlines Andrey Kovatchev (EPP)
- “It could be that we will have more people who will try to divide the EU and it is vital for our future to have united Europe”, asserts Gesine Meissner (ALDE)
- “The biggest challenge for Parliament is always the Parliament itself”, stresses Amelia Andersdotter (Greens/EFA)