In this Brussels Briefing on Environment leading environment journalist Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest developments in the field of European environment policy.
Topics discussed include:
- CO2 emissions from trucks: first-ever European Commission strategy
- Circular economy & waste: Green Week (June 2-5) and upcoming policy package, containing a review of the waste framework, landfill, and packaging and packaging waste directives, and a long-awaited Communication on sustainable food
- June Environment Council: air quality and 2030 Climate & Energy Strategy (June 13)
- EU Summit: 2030 Climate & Energy Strategy and energy security of supply (June 26 – 27)
- Informal meeting of EU environment ministers in Athens (May 14)
- More efficient lorries: member states gearing up for clash with Parliament
- Expected return to indirect land-use change (ILUC)
Featuring statement by Jos Delbeke, Director General for Climate Action at the European Commission.