Karmenu Vella – Commissioner-designate for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (nominated by Malta) – had to answer a number of difficult questions during his hearing by the European Parliament‘s Committees on Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (ENVI) and Fisheries (PECH) on 29 September. Vella’s answers to these 5 toughest questions reveal best how he managed to handle the parliamentary grilling:
– Can your reassure us about your plans to reform the birds and habitats directives?
– How will you ensure that sustainability is a cornerstone of the Juncker agenda?
– Do you envisage European Union legislation on shale gas?
– How will you take forward the Clean Air Package?
– Will you receive the proposals on access to justice & environmental inspections?