In this latest Brussels Briefing on Energy, leading energy journalist Hughes Belin provides an overview of the latest developments in the field of EU energy policy.
– ITER Ministerial Meeting: accelerating the construction of the experimental thermonuclear reactor, reaching operational capacity by 2020
– The Internal Energy Market Package
– Connecting the EU electricity market
– The 2030 Climate & Energy Framework (greenhouse gas emissions, renewables and energy efficiency targets)
– Coming up: EU-OPEC Ministerial meeting and the EU Refining Forum in November, 12 December Energy Council
Featuring statements by: Edmund Synakowski, Associate Director of Science at Fusion Energy Sciences, U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, USA and Günther Oettinger, Commissioner for Energy, European Commission